After 1 month suspension in response to the rising number of Omicron infected cases of the previous Test & Go program. The new Test & Go program shows a good sign of recovery from the get-go. On the first day of Test & Go reopened, Tuesday 1 February 2022, 2,500 passengers from Europe, and Thailand’s neighbor countries such as Singapore and Malaysia arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport on 46 international flights.
What is this new Test & Go scheme like?
This new Test & Go scheme only allows fully vaccinated visitors and required they are required to undergo 2 RT-CPR tests, on first day of arriving and on the fifth day. Visitors must spend one night in certified hotels/ accommodations to wait for the first RT-CPR result.
Big changes in Suvarnabhumi Airport with Test & Go program fully operational
To get ready for the increasing number of visitors at the airport, Mr. Kittipong the general manager of the airport said that there are many adjustments and expansions to the service layout to improve overall service efficiency and reduce overcrowded areas.
- The Custom department set up a special custom lane for those who come in groups and with goods to declare.
- The immigration fast-track lane for international passengers has also been moved to a new location behind Row A, which is closer to First and Business class check-in counters as they are mostly eligible to use fast track service. The fast-track lane is also for crews, diplomatic passport holders, elderly, pregnant, passengers requiring special assistance, and Thailand Elite members.
- Security has also been expanded with 5 X-ray machines from only 2 in the past. Passport inspection is now able to serve up to 780 people/ hour instead of 232 from the total of 7 counters available.
- To further reduce overcrowding area in the airport, Hotels, and accommodation that received booking under Test & Go scheme, are required to send limousine/ vehicle at least one hour prior to visitors’ arrival.”
Mr. Kittipong confidently said that these adjustments and expansion will be able to handle the rising number of passengers to come.
Koh Chang is waiting for your visit
Koh Chang is also ready to welcome new international visitors via Test & Go and 7-days Sandbox scheme, as well as Thai domestic travelers with 45 certified SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration Plus) hotels and resorts, offer a total of 4,000 rooms, with some dedicated rooms to serve as ‘Hospitel’ to infected visitors who have mild symptoms. Said Mr. Saksit Mungkarn, the president of the Tourism Council of Trat.
Easiest way to enter Thailand with Thailand Elite visa
For more information on how to enter Thailand with Thailand Elite visa and its information, please contact us HERE or Apply now for 3 months extension to Elite visa validity and for website’s exclusive promotions.
- Q: What is Thailand Elite visa?
- A: ThailandElite visa is a 5-year multiple entry visa for Thailand with a 1 year permit of stay per each entry, which can also be extended annually
- Q: Is Elite card Thailand included in Thailand Elite visa?
- A: Thailand Elite membership can be divided in to two main benefits – 1. Elite membership card with ID no. for using benefits and privileges , 2. Privilege Entry Visa (Thailand Elite visa) for staying in Thailand
Reference : Bangkok Post