What is the Thailand Elite Visa?
Thailand Elite Visa is officially named ‘Privilege Entry Visa’, it is a multiple entry visa with 5,10, 15, and 20 years (by Invitation only) of validity available for both individuals and families. Read more.
What are the benefits of the Thailand Elite Visa?
Thailand Elite Visa is a special renewable 5-year multiple entry visa, with a one-year extendable length of stay in Thailand per each entry. The holder of a Thailand Elite visa does not have to worry about applying for re-entry permits nor needs to leave the country to extend visa validity. With 5 years of visa validity, easy access to Thailand is always ensured.
How to apply for Thailand Elite membership?
The applicant has to go through the application process via APPLY HERE and provide all required documents. After completion, there is a waiting period of between 8-12 weeks (as of June 2023) for background check approval from the Immigration Police Department.
What are the required documents?
Please prepare the following documents
1. A photocopy of the personal details page of your passport (Passport validity must be at least one year on the date of membership validity and must have at least 3 blank pages) (photos taken by phone are acceptable)
2 A high-resolution colour photo of the applicant in JPEG (Plain background and face camera)
3. Completed application form with handwritten signature, Download the application form here (The signature must be the same as the one signed in the passport)
4. For any family membership type, proof of relationship of the immediate family of Core Members is required (eg. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Adoption Certificate) – Must be translated to English and notarized
If you are currently staying in Thailand please also send these additional documents
5. Latest arrival stamp to Thailand or current visa
6. TM. 6 – If any (Can be found in the passport – given upon arrival to Thailand)
7. TM. 30 (Notification of residence/address for foreigner) can be requested from the Hotel manager, Condo/Apartment juristic person, house owner
Please ensure all documents is clearly visible and submit all soft copy of documents through email
What is the application process?
Apply via ‘Apply now’ or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a soft copy of all required documents (For full details, please click (the redirect link to page ‘ Simple application process ‘on the homepage) and the entire application process may take 4-8 weeks depends on the
- Approval process: A passport copy will be sent to the Immigration Department of Thailand for a background criminal check. Once done, an Approval letter will be sent to the applicant together with payment instructions and procedure. This process should take approximately 6-10 weeks (as of September 2023).
- Payment process: Membership payment can be done via Direct deposit to Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. account, Wire transfer from an overseas bank account, and from a Thai local bank account. Once the payment is made, the applicant must submit proof of payment via email to finalize payment and proceed with the membership registration process. The payment approval process can take 2 to 7 business days depending on the payment method.
- Registration process: Once all required documents are submitted and the payment process is completed, it takes approximately 2-5 business days for the Thailand Elite Finance team to verify the payment. Once your payment has been verified, the Registration process will be completed within 5 business days. Once done, you will receive a ‘Welcome Letter’ with the membership ID, membership benefits in detail, and information on how to book all services and how to obtain the Thailand Elite visa via email.
Who can apply for Thailand Elite membership program?
The applicant must have and maintain to have the following qualifications:
- Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any country except for an offense committed due to negligence;
- Not having been adjudicated bankrupt;
- Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence;
- Not having previously overstayed more than one time in Thailand;
- Being allowed to stay in Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws or any related law of Thailand;
- Holding a foreign passport; and
- Being sui juris under Thai law
- Never hold Non-O Volunteer visa
What are the payment methods for Thailand Elite Membership?
- Overseas wire transfer: The applicant has to request the MT103 form from your bank and send a copy of it to Thailand Privilege Card (TPC) along with proof of payment via email. After the applicant submits proof of payment and the MT103 form, it will take approximately 5-7 business days for TPC to verify the payment.
- Domestic wire transfer (from a Thai bank account): The applicant has to submit proof of payment via email. After the applicant submits proof of payment it will take approximately 2-3 business days for TPC to verify the payment.
- Direct cash deposit to TPC account: The applicant has to submit proof of deposit via email. After the applicant submits proof of payment it will take approximately 1-2 business days for TPC to verify the payment.
- Credit card & Alipay: The applicant has to request an Online payment portal URL from your contact person/ Authorized agent. This URL can only be generated from the system after an Approval letter is issued. Payable credit cards including Visa, Master card, JCB, and Union pay (AMEX is not payable). After the applicant submits proof of payment it will take approximately 2-3 business days for TPC to verify the payment.
Can I apply for Thailand Elite membership while I’m using other types of visa?
It all depends on which type of visa the applicant is holding.
- Non-B (Business visa): Yes, business visa holders can apply for Thailand Elite membership but it must be canceled prior to affixing Thailand Elite visa.
- Non-ED (Education Visa): Yes and no, official University student or school student who studies in Thailand can apply. However the school/university must be registered with OBEC (Office of the Basic Education Commission) and the applicant must be able to provide proof of student status, for a Non-ED visa which was provided by a language school/institute or done by a visa agent. As of June 2023, your application will be rejected at the stage of a background check, and there is a chance that the Immigration officer may refuse to affix the visa onto your passport.
- Non-O Volunteer visa: No, any applicant who is using a Volunteer visa or has a record of using a Volunteer visa will be rejected.
Why Thailand Elite require a passport copy?
A copy of the identification page of the applicant’s passport copy will be sent to the immigration office for a background criminal record check, to ensure that the applicant is not on the blacklist or watch list that would prevent the applicant to obtain the Thailand Elite visa.
Where can I apply for Thailand Elite membership?
Thailand Elite membership can be applied from anywhere, applicants are only required to submit all required documents via email
Can I obtain Thailand Elite visa while holding a Business visa or Education visa?
No, because ‘Business visa’ and ‘Education visa’ are classified as long-stay visas and must be canceled before affixing a Thailand Elite visa. During the approval process (background check), the applicant can still use a Business or Education visa. However, once the background check is completed and the ‘Approval letter’ email is sent to your email, you will have to leave Thailand in order to have an Elite visa affixed upon your arrival flight back to Thailand.
What are Elite Personal Assistant (EPA) and Elite Personal Liaison (EPL)?
Elite Personal Assistant is a person who serves and facilitates all Thailand Elite members at Bangkok and Phuket International Airports (International flights only).
- Arrival: Welcome all Thailand Elite members upon arrival at the airport
- Departure: Welcome all Thailand Elite members from the airport entrance door
- Accommodate and facilitate all airport procedures for all members, including check-in, airport lounge, fast-track immigration, and validate Thailand Elite Visa at the airport.
Elite Personal Liaison service is a person who serves and facilitates all Thailand Elite members with,
- 90-day report (1-point redemption)
- Opening bank account(2-point redemption)
- Obtain a Thai driving license (2-point redemption)
- Annual extension of stay (2-point redemption)
How to request Elite Personal Assistant (EPA) and Elite Personal Liaison (EPL) services?
Elite Personal Assistant (EPA): Once the applicant is registered as a Thailand Elite member, the applicant can request EPA VIP airport welcome service via Thailand Elite Member Contact Center (Contact information will be provided in the Welcome letter)
Elite Personal Liaison (EPL): Once the applicant is registered as a Thailand Elite member, the applicant can request EPL facilitation service via Thailand Elite Member Contact Center (Contact information will be provided in the Welcome letter)
What is a 90-day report?
When foreigners would like to stay in Thailand without leaving for a long period, it is required by the Immigration department of Thailand that all foreigners must complete a 90-day report. But by being Thailand Elite members, there is an EPL service (in Bangkok) and other partnered visa companies to facilitate Elite members (in Pattaya, Phuket, and Chiangmai) available to complete a 90-day report on your behalf (1-point redemption).
Can Thailand Elite members open bank accounts?
All Thailand Elite member is eligible to obtain a bank account and only requires a passport, certified letter of membership, and Elite membership card to open. Elite personal liaison service is also available to facilitate the procedure.
Can digital nomads, and/or crypto/stock investors live in Thailand with a Thailand Elite visa?
Yes, being a digital nomad and/or investor means that you are not required to have a work permit while working in Thailand. So having a Thailand Elite visa will be your best option if you want to live a hassle-free life in Thailand.
How much does Thailand Privilege program cost?
Thailand Elite program cost ranges from the minimum of THB 900,000 for a 5-year membership to the maximum of THB5,000,000 for a 20-year membership with top-notch privileges. Learn more
Can I work in Thailand with an Elite visa?
No, the Thailand Elite visa (Privilege Entry Visa) is categorized as a ‘Special Tourist visa’ and it can’t be used to apply for a ‘Work Permit’ in Thailand. Read More.
How do I get an Elite card in Thailand?
There are 4 main stages of application in total and all processes can be done online or via email. Read More.
Do I have to invest in Thailand in order to apply for Thailand Elite Visa?
No, investment of any type is not required in order for the applicant to apply for the Thailand Elite membership
Do I need to submit paper documents?
No, Thailand Elite application can be made solely via email. All required documents can be submitted via email in PDF and JPEG form. Thailand Elite no longer needs actual paper documents.